MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY/SPARROW HEALTH SYSTEM
NEUROLOGY RESIDENCY PROGRAM APPLICATION INFORMATION
How to apply
Applications are accepted only through ERAS. The application deadline is November 15 with interviews beginning in November.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have taken and passed the USMLE or COMLEX examinations.
- Maximum of 3 years separation from medical school or clinical work.
- Three letters of reference. Letters from neurologists are strongly encouraged.
- Excellent spoken and written language skills.
- Candidates not meeting these criteria will be evaluated and scored on individual merit.
- Nicotine free. You will be required to sign a waiver stating that you are nicotine-free prior to being scheduled for an interview. You will not be hired if any nicotine or nicotine metabolites are in your system regardless of the source. Electronic cigarettes, nicotine gum, nicotine patches, etc., will result in positive test results
Foreign Medical Graduate Requirements
Additional requirements for foreign medical graduates:
- Six months of medical or research experience in North America.
- Applicants must have passed USMLE steps 1 and 2 at the time of application to the residency program.
- Valid ECFMG certification at the time of application.
Sparrow Health System will only sponsor J-1 visas through the ECFMG for foreign medical graduate applicants.
Failure to disclose any item that delays the ability of the individual to start the residency program will be considered grounds for contract cancellation.